Monday, March 24, 2014

DIY Neon painted stool

red neon stool

I can't get enough of neon hues! I've been wanting to have a flashy red stool for ages and I guess the time has come that I just needed one in my life. I got so inspired that I rushed to my local shop and picked up a tin of neon paint. Luckily I already had a stool at home, waiting to get it's new fluo life.
Red is quite unusual choice for me but I have to tell you - I'm extremely happy with the final result. It's not that it's colorful, it's shockingly colorful! It's unbelievable how a can of paint can transform the simplest of furnishing into a statement. As you may have noticed, not only the stool is new here, I also got myself a new cactus friend. We don't hug but we get along quite well ;)
So the vibrant stool and the cactus resulted in a little styling shoot. The camera didn't quite capture the true color...but believe me - it is NEON!
 


Making neon stool was definitely 'good for my soul' and I love it!
Painting a stool is really simple and it doesn't require step by step instructions but I will share with you what I did.


You will need:
A stool
A sand paper
Neon paint of your choice



What I did:
First of all I washed my stool, then I used a sand paper to create a smooth painting surface. When my chair was ready I spray painted it with Crafts Spray - twice. If you want your stool to have a equal look, paint it first with white paint and then with neon. You might also want to cover your newly painted stool with a protective finish. Here you can also see my before and after... :)


step by step tutorial

Do you have any neon objects at home? What is it?

Follow Passion shake on  Bloglovin Pinterest Facebook


Linking up to these GREAT parties!


...still few days left to join our International Giveaway!

15 comments :

  1. Aga no wyszło po prostu designersko na maksa !!!!!!!!! fotki z tym stołeczkiem bajeczne !!!! a farbę dobrałaś sobie cudną !!!!!!aż mi się stołka zachciało w takim kolorze !!! buziaki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Długo zastanawiałam się nad kolorem...miał być jak mawiają oczo*** :P I w końcu padło na czerwony. Chociaż w rzeczywistoći wygląda jak mix czerwonego, różowego i pomarańczowego...w każdym bądż razie ma taką moc, że jak wyjrzysz przez okno w moim kierunku to pewnie będzie go widać! :))) Dzięki wielkie! Buziaki :*

      Delete
  2. That color is gorgeous!!!!! It fits in your space so well and that cactus plant is the perfect adornment. LOVE IT, Aga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutly I loved it so much! It looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this color, you did an amazing restoration! I personally do not have any neon objects, but now i'm thinking I may need at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've being painting lots of stuff these past days..I'm more a pastel kind of girl, but after reading this post I think I'm going to try something neon too!
    Love how you set pictures
    <3
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Czerwony jest bardzo szczęśliwy kolor, bardzo lubię!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that color! It looks awesome. I would love for you to linkup some of your projects at my T.G.I.F. Linky Party :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool idea. Maybe I will have a go. I have one plain boring stool waiting for some action. Just have to decide on the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great before and after! I love that you chose neon. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super ten kolor!bardzo odwazny! zdjecia niesamowite:) podoba mi sie na maxa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is craft spray? Would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way it turned out! It looks so pretty with the pop of green from the cactus!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like